Southern Ground is known for two things - great music and great food, and part of that is thanks to Chef Rusty. Rusty Hamiln has curated the festival's culinary lineup for the past five years and is the co-creator of Zac Brown Band’s Eat & Greets. Prep for the fest with these DELICIOUS recipes from Southern Ground's food master!
Get even more recipes on Chef Rusty's website.
Summer Festival SaladVegetables:
6 oz. Button mushrooms (sliced)
1 ea. Seedless cucumber (med. diced)
4 oz. Sugar snaps (cut on angle)
10 oz. Cherry tomatoes (halved)
1 Small red onion (Julianne)
8 oz. Ciliegine fresh mozzarella (halved)
1 oz. Fresh basil (about 20 leaves rough chopped)
3/4 oz. Fresh basil (about 12 leaves)
2 ea. Garlic cloves
6 oz. Fresh raspberries
1/3 cup Rice vinegar
1/4 cup EVOO
2 tsp. Sea salt
2 tsp. Fresh ground black pepper
1 tsp. Blue agave nectar
- Mix all vegetables together and set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, add the garlic and basil. Blend.
- Add raspberries. Blend.
- Add remaining ingredients and pulse a couple times.
- Add vinaigrette either right before or marinate for an hour before. Marinating before will mask color of your fresh vegetables.
- I like to serve salad on a bed of vinaigrette and drizzle a little extra on top.
Louisiana BBQ Landshark Jumbo ShrimpIngredients:
3 ounces unsalted butter
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon dried basil
½ lemon juiced and zest
½ tablespoon cajun blacken season
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
½ tablespoon Tabasco Pepper Sauce
3 cloves garlic
½ small onion
1 pound fresh 16-20 count fresh Gulf shrimp (head on)
¾ cup Landshark Lager
Chopped parsley and French bread for garnish
- Make Compound Butter: In a food processor puree the onion and garlic until fine. Add all of the first nine ingredients and process until all is blended.
- Melt compound butter on medium heat and add shrimp. Lining shrimp up all facing the same direction will make them easier to flip.
- Cook shrimp in compound butter for four minutes on each side and remove from pan.
- Line shrimp on a serving platter.
- Add Landshark Lager to butter mixture and flame.
- Once reduced (about 3 minutes), pour mixture over shrimp and garnish with chopped parsley.
- Serve with French bread for dipping.
CHOCOLATE & PEANUT BUTTER BREAD PUDDING SERVED W/ CARAMELIngredients:
16 cooked Biscuits
1 pint Heavy cream
½ tbsp Vanilla
1 cup Peanut Butter
3 ½ cups White Sugar
1 pint Half and Half
2 cups Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 cups White Sugar for garnish
Caramel to taste
- Break apart cooked Biscuits into greased hotel pan
- Melt Chocolate and Peanut Butter, then mix all ingredients in pan
- Sprinkle with white sugar garnish to create a nice crust on top
- Bake at 375º F until cooked and risen
- Add caramel generously before serving