AXS TV’s September 2019 Programming Highlights Featuring New Series’ From Paul Shaffer, Brian Johnson & More
Aug 13th, 2019
AXS TV’s September 2019 Programming Highlights:
- The season finales of A YEAR IN MUSIC and TRUNKFEST WITH EDDIE TRUNK Sunday, Sept. 8 at 9pE & 9:30pE.
- Hit series WOW – WOMEN OF WRESTLING returns for its 24-episode second season, on a new night and time—premiering Saturday, Sept. 7 at 8pE.
- THE VERY VERY BEST OF THE 70s continues its inaugural season with eight new episodes Thursday nights at 8pE as icons including Anson Williams, Morgan Fairchild & George Wallace look at the decade’s best Game Shows (Sept. 12), Crime Movies (Sept. 19) and Early 70s Sitcoms (Sept. 26).
- The all-new star-studded classic rock series MIXTAPE premieres Thursday, Sept. 12 at 8:30pE with Foreigner’s Mick Jones & Kelly Hansen, along with REO Speedwagon’s Kevin Cronin & Dave Amato (Sept. 19) and Rick Springfield (Sept. 26).
- New interview series PAUL SHAFFER PLUS ONE debuts its eight-episode inaugural season Sunday, Sept. 15 at 8pE with guest Joe Walsh. September highlights include Graham Nash (Sept. 22) and Sammy Hagar (Sept. 29).
- THE TOP TEN REVEALED continues its second season with a rotating panel of rockstars and experts, including Randy Jackson, Sebastian Bach & Rick Derringer, Sunday nights at 8:30pE counting down the top ten Summertime Classics (Sept. 15), Epic Songs of ’75 (Sept. 22) and British Invasion Bands (Sept. 29).
- AC/DC frontman Brian Johnson’s music series A LIFE ON THE ROAD makes its U.S. debut Sunday, Sept. 15 at 9pE featuring Sting, followed by Robert Plant (Sept. 22) and Roger Daltrey (Sept. 29).
- Sunday Night’s Rock featuring the network premiere of Cat Stevens: A Cat’s Attic (Sept. 15), plus celebrations of John Lennon (Sept. 1) & The 1982 Us Festival (Sept. 8) and concerts featuring Robert Plant (Sept. 22) and The Who (Sept. 29).
For more information about AXS TV’s September lineup, please see below.
AXS TV SEPTEMBER 2019 PREMIERES, FINALES & SPECIALS:
WOW – WOMEN OF WRESTLING – Season 2 Premieres Saturday, Sept. 7 at 8pE
The 24-episode second season of the groundbreaking all-female promotion WOW – Women Of Wrestling finds the hit promotion back with a vengeance, presenting a fight card packed with even more talent, spectacular bouts, pageantry and bitter feuds, and a single elimination tournament where the WOW Tag-Team Championship will be crowned.
- Sept. 7 – #201 – The Born Legend, Tessa Blanchard is the new WOW World Champion and The Beast, Jungle Grrrl, and Havok The Monster Of Madness have lined up to challenge the Champion. A Triple Threat Number One Contender Match will decide who will wrestle Tessa Blanchard for The WOW World Championship.
A YEAR IN MUSIC – Season Finale Sunday, Sept. 8 at 9pE
AXS TV explores the legendary sounds that defined the ‘60s, ‘70s, and ‘80s in the all-new original series A Year In Music.
- Sept. 8 – #106 “1985” – SiriusXM and former MTV VJ, Downtown Julie Brown, goes back to the year 1985. Brown explores a time when Cable TV was reaching critical mass, music videos became the cornerstone of pop culture, and half of the decade’s top albums were on the charts
TRUNKFEST with Eddie Trunk – Season Finale Sunday, Sept. 8 at 9:30pE
Music historian Eddie Trunk takes viewers on an immersive journey through some of the country’s biggest rock festivals and music events.
- Season Finale – Sept. 8 – #209 “INKcarceration” – Eddie Trunk heads to Ohio for INKcarceration Festival to try the best food trucks in the state, meet with a few of the tattoo artists onsite, catch up with his friends in Fozzy, Taking Back Sunday, Live, and Godsmack, and take a tour of the Reformatory where they filmed Shawshank Redemption.
THE VERY VERY BEST OF THE 70s – Thursdays at 8pE
Executive Producer Katie Daryl guides a rotating panel of all-star guests as they breakdown an unforgettable era’s most iconic movies, shows, celebrities and more. Season One’s star-studded guest roster features Marilu Henner, Fred Willard, Morgan Fairchild, Barry Williams, Michael Winslow, Jaleel White, Olivia d’Abo, George Wallace, Anson Williams, Marion Ross, Sebastian Bach, Dee Wallace, Mindy Cohn, Kim Fields, Bob Eubanks, John Schneider and Catherine Bach.
- Sept. 12 – #109 “Game Shows” – Guests include Bob Eubanks, Anson Williams, Catherine Bach & more.
- Sept. 19 – #110 “Crime Movies” – Guests include Morgan Fairchild, Fred Willard, Anson Williams, John Schneider & more.
- Sept. 26 – #111 “Early 70s Sitcoms” – Guests include Barry Williams, Marion Ross, Marilu Henner & more.
MIXTAPE – Thursdays at 8:30pE
AXS TV, in partnership with leading music streaming service Spotify, proudly presents the all-new star-studded classic rock series MIXTAPE, premiering Thursday, Sept. 12 at 8:30pE/5:30pP. The eight-episode season puts the spotlight on a different rock icon each week as they sit down to discuss their favorite songs of all time—sharing their own personal mixtape playlist of meaningful music that shaped their lives and left an enduring impact on their legendary careers.
- Sept. 12 – #101 – Foreigner founder Mick Jones & lead singer Kelly Hansen
- Sept. 19 – #102 – REO Speedwagon frontman Kevin Cronin & bandmate Dave Amato
- Sept. 26 – #103 – Rick Springfield
PAUL SHAFFER PLUS ONE – Sundays at 8pE
GRAMMY®-winning musician, composer, author and EMMY®-nominated television personality Paul Shaffer brings his popular SiriusXM® radio show to AXS TV, as the network presents the series premiere of Paul Shaffer Plus One. The new series finds the multi-hyphenate star sitting down for candid conversations with his close friends and fellow legends, as they discuss their legacies, influences, and experiences in the music industry, and, when their conversation takes an organic turn, performing impromptu versions of some of their most enduring hits.
- Sept. 15 – #101 – Guitar virtuoso Joe Walsh
- Sept. 22 – #110 – Hollies/CSN/CSNY’s Graham Nash
- Sept. 29 – #111 – Chart-topping rock showman Sammy Hagar
THE TOP TEN REVEALED – Sundays at 8:30pE
AXS TV’s hit countdown series The Top Ten Revealed continues its second season as Executive Producer and Host Katie Daryl returns with a rotating panel of icons and experts to share insightful, entertaining, and off-the-cuff analysis of the best songs, albums, and artists across a wide variety of unique categories.
- Sept. 15 – #212 “Summertime Classics” – Guests include John 5, Steven Adler, Dee Snider & Sebastian Bach.
- Sept. 22 – #213 “Epic Songs of ‘75” – Guests include Don Felder, Frankie Banali, Robert Mason & Rikki Rockett
- Sept. 29 – #214 “British Invasion Bands” – Guests include Eddie Money, Lita Ford & Bob Eubanks
BRIAN JOHNSON’S LIFE ON THE ROAD – Sundays at 9pE
AC/DC frontman Brian Johnson is “Rocking All The Way” across the globe to sit down with some of the most influential artists in music, as AXS TV presents the popular rock-and-talk series Brian Johnson: A Life On The Road—making its Stateside debut. The series finds the rocker going above and abroad to catch up with a slate of fellow icons, hearing their priceless stories from their time on tour and taking viewers to the places that helped define their legendary careers.
- Sept. 12 – #101 “Sting” – Brian Johnson visits with Sting in New York, where the 17-time GRAMMY® winner opens up about the early days of his career and reveals the inspiration behind his signature hit “Roxanne.”
- Sept. 19 – #102 “Robert Plant” – Brian Johnson takes an excursion to North Wales where he explores a ruined castle with rock god Robert Plant, chatting about the vocalist’s love of American Blues, the creation of Led Zeppelin, and Plant’s acclaimed solo career and award-winning collaborations.
- Sept. 26 – #103 “Roger Daltrey” – Brian Johnson flies to The Who’s old stomping grounds where frontman Roger Daltrey shares the scoop on the band’s wild history of wrecked hotel rooms, smashed guitars, sinking Lincolns, and Keith Moon’s notorious 21st Birthday
Sunday Nights Rock! Concert Specials – Sundays at 10pE
- Sept. 1 – Imagine: John Lennon 75th Birthday Concert – Imagine captured performances from the historic event at The Theatre At Madison Square Garden, honoring the songs of one of the most significant cultural figures of the 20th century. The concert film/audio recordings feature 20 performances of Beatles and solo classics by Aloe Blacc, Eric Church, Sheryl Crow, Brandon Flowers, John Fogerty, Peter Frampton, Juanes, Kris Kristofferson, Pat Monahan, Tom Morello, Willie Nelson, The Roots, Spoon, Chris Stapleton and Steven Tyler.
- Sept. 8 – The US Generation: The 1982 Us Festival – This concert film tells the story of the 1982 Us Festival, dubbed the “Woodstock of the ‘80s,” which was co-created by Apple visionary Steve Wozniak and featured an unprecedented roster of talent that included The Ramones, Fleetwood Mac, Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, The Grateful Dead, Santana and many more, performing live in front of over 400 thousand people at the Glen Helen Regional Park in San Bernardino, California.
- Sept. 15 – Cat Stevens: A Cat’s Attic – Celebrate 50 years of the illustrious career of Yusuf Islam (a.k.a. Cat Stevens) as he talks about fame, the songwriting process, and performs some of his greatest hits, including “Moonshadow, “Morning Has Broken,” “Peace Train” and “Wild World.”
- Sept. 22 – Robert Plant & The Strange Sensation – Robert Plant takes the Windy City by storm in an intimate evening featuring Led Zeppelin favorites, solo staples, and more.
- Sept. 29 – The Who: Tommy – Live at the Royal Albert Hall – The Who, featuring original members Roger Daltrey & Pete Townshend, take the stage at London’s Royal Albert Hall to perform their legendary rock opera “Tommy” live for the first time ever in its entirety. The 2017 concert special was recorded at the annual Teenage Cancer Trust benefit show, produced by Roger Daltrey to raise funds for the treatment of young people with cancer.