AXS TV Fights Pat’s Prospects
Pat Miletich Ranks the Top Prospects on AXS TV Fights
The Future is Now on AXS TV Fights, where the Top Prospects in MMA prove themselves worthy for the next step. To date more than 100 fighters, that have appeared on AXS TV, have been called up to the UFC and Bellator. Throughout the year, AXS TV Fights Commentator and UFC Hall of Famer Pat Miletich will release his rankings for the top prospects on AXS TV Fights.
January 27, 2017
CES MMA makes their 2017 debut this week on AXS TV Fights. The card at CES MMA 41 features a mixture of weight classes ranging from Flyweight to Heavyweight and even features the first-ever sanctioned cruiserweight bout. With featherweight champ Matt Bessette defending his title and former heavyweight title challenger Greg Rebello on the card, Pat Miletich has unveiled his first rankings for the featherweight and heavyweight divisions.
- Raoni Barcelos (LFA, Former RFA Featherweight Champ): Raoni Barcelos is solid everywhere. He’s a black belt in BJJ and decorated in both Judo and wrestling. His boxing gets better with each fight and at 11-1, he’s definitely tops of the featherweight food chain.
- Matt Bessette (CES MMA, Featherweight Champ): As of this writing “The Mangler” is the CES MMA featherweight champ. The CES favorite is riding a 5-fight win streak and is well-rounded with 13 finishes (8 subs, 5 TKO/KOs).
- Kevin Aguilar (LFA, Former Legacy Featherweight Champ): Like his RFA counterpart, Aguilar is 11-1 in MMA and won the Legacy title after an amazing 5-round brawl at Legacy 57. He has 9 finishes in 11 wins and his only loss is to UFC-vet Leonard Garcia. He will take on Damon Jackson for the inaugural LFA strap at LFA 3 in February.
- Damon Jackson (LFA): “The Leech” is the former Legacy featherweight champ, he vacated the strap when he was called up to the UFC. After a stint in the UFC, Jackson returned to Legacy/LFA and has won two straight and will face Kevin Aguilar for the inaugural LFA strap at LFA 3 in February.
- Levan Makashivili (CES MMA): Like Jackson, Makashivili is a UFC-vet, in-fact the two fought to a draw when they were both in the UFC. Since his release from the UFC the Georgian fighter has won three in a row, including a win over fellow UFC-vet Sean Soriano at CES 38.
- Ashley Gooch (CES MMA, Heavyweight Champ): Ashley Gooch is 10-5 and won the CES MMA strap in August after knocking out Greg Rebello. Fighting out of The Lab in Arizona, Gooch was on a 8-fight win streak before losing to UFC-vet Shawn Jordan at WSOF 33 in October.
- Rashad Coulter (LFA): At 8-1, “The Daywalker” has established himself as a top prospect in the LFA. Coulter is riding a 5-fight winstreak and all 8 of his wins are by TKO/KO.
- Greg Rebello (CES MMA): “Ribz” is a fan favorite at CES MMA and has fought with the promotion a dozen times. He lost to Ashley Gooch in a fight for the heavyweight title in August, but before that he was on a 4-fight win streak. His record boasts 12 victories via TKO/KO.
- Brian Heden (LFA): At 30-15, Heden is the most experienced of the heavyweight prospects. Heden is on a 4-fight win streak and has 26 finishes in his 30 wins.
- Don’Tale Mayes (LFA): Mayes is only 2-1 and has only appeared on AXS TV once, but in his only appearance on the network he was very impressive both in the stand-up and on the ground.
January 13, 2017
This week, as the Legacy Fighting Alliance makes their debut, Pat Miletich has unveiled his Top 5 bantamweights to watch for from the LFA and CES MMA. The list includes three champs as well as two, one-loss fighters who are poised for a big 2017.
- Leandro Higo (LFA, Former RFA Champ): “The Pitbull” (as of this writing) is 16-2 and riding a 7-fight win streak. He is a BJJ Black belt with 10 submissions and a former cast member of The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil Season 4. He’ll square off with fellow champ Steven Peterson at LFA 1, January 13th on AXS TV.
- Steven Peterson (LFA, Former Legacy Champ): “Ocho”(as of this writing) is 14-4 and has fought 10 times for Legacy. He has 10 finishes in 14 wins and choked out then-champion Manny Vazquez at Legacy 56 in June. He’ll face RFA champ Leandro Higo for the LFA bantamweight title, January 13th on AXS TV.
- Andre Soukhamthath (CES MMA Champ): “The Asian Sensastion” is 11-3 and won the CES MMA bantamweight title with a brutal jumping knee KO back at CES MMA 33 in 2016. The Blackzillian fighter is riding a 3-fight win streak and successfully defended his title against Kin Moy at CES MMA 37, also in 2016.
- Boston Salmon (LFA): Boston Salmon is 5-1 and is perhaps the most solid striker of all the AXS TV Fights bantamweights. Four of his five wins have been via TKO/KO and his only loss was a very controversial split decision at RFA 43 back in September.
- Levi Mowles (LFA): Levi Mowles is only 21 years-old and an accomplished grappler. He is 5-1 in MMA and his only loss came against former Legacy featherweight champ and UFC veteran Damon Jackson at featherweight.
We want YOU to weigh-in!
Tell us if you agree with the rankings, @AXSTVFights and @patmiletich on Twitter
Watch the Future of MMA in Action Every Friday Night at 9/8c on AXS TV!
AXS TV, your home for MMA.
Follow AXS TV Fights on Facebook and Twitter.
Never miss a moment. Sign up for weekly newsletters.
Find AXS TV on your TV.
Tags: AXS TV Fights, Mixed Martial Arts, MMA, Pat Miletich, Pat's Prospects, Ron Kruck