Jake Collier Claims the RFA Middleweight Title in Minnesota | RFA 19 Highlights and Results
October 10, 2014
Hometown Fighters Impress in the RFA’s First Trip to Minnesota
The RFA held it’s first event in Minnesota Friday and once again they helped put local prospects on the map. The RFA 19 card featured plenty of stand out performances including local fighters Dan Moret and Marvin Blumer, who both brought the house down with finishes in their respective fights. The Co-Main event saw Abel Cullum once again impress as he earned his second submission win in four weeks in the RFA. In the Main Event, Carl Deaton III faced off against the undefeated Gabriel Checco. Before RFA 19, Checco had never even been to the third round, but Carl Deaton III quickly put an end to his flawless record submitting him late in Round 1 to capture the RFA Middleweight Title.
Here are the highlights:
- Jake Collier def. Gabriel Checco via Submission (RNC) 4:27 Rnd 1
- Abel Cullum def. Carl Deaton III via Submission (RNC) 3:43 Rnd 2
- Marvin Blumer def. Junior Maranhão via Submission (D’arce Choke) 0:43 Rnd 2
- Dan Moret def. Jordan Griffin via Submission (RNC) 3:09 Rnd 1
- Jocelyn Jones-Lybarger def. Rebecca Ruth via Decision (Split)
- Matt Brown def. John Castaneda via Decision (Split)
Join us NEXT Friday for a Pair of Title Shots at Legacy 36 LIVE on AXS TV!
AXS TV, your home for MMA.
Follow AXS TV Fights on Facebook and Twitter.
Share with fellow fans at The Cage.
Find AXS TV on your TV.
Tags: fights, Highlights, Michael Schiavello, MMA, Pat Miletich, Results, RFA Fighting, sports