Nebraska Fighters Smith and Minner Shine in The RFA’s Return Home | RFA 30 Results and Highlights
September 18, 2015
Anthony Smith Caps Off RFA’s Homecoming Event in Lincoln, Nebraska
RFA 1 took place in Nebraska back on December 16, 2011. Almost 4 years later the RFA has now completed 30 events in 12 states. Friday the RFA returned home to Nebraska and plenty of hometown fighters put on a show on AXS TV.
The main event featured two surging UFC vets as Brock Jardine took on Nebraska’s Anthony Smith. It would be Smith who would keep his win streak going with a first round TKO. In the co-main event, Adam “Prime Time” Townsend advanced his win streak to 8 with a decision win over another Nebraska fighter, Ryan Roberts.
Performance of the night goes to Darrick Minner. Minner, another Nebraska fighter, choked out the very tough Matt Brown just 95 seconds into round one to improve his win streak to five. Could another shot at Luke Sanders be on the horizon?
Here are the highlights:
- Anthony Smith def. Brock Jardine via TKO (Strikes) 3:00 Rnd 1
- Adam Townsend def. Ryan Roberts via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Darrick Minner def. Matt Brown via Submission (Guillotine Choke) 1:35 Rnd 1
- Zach Juusola def. Robert Rojas via Unanimous Decision (29-27, 29-27, 29-27)
- James Nakashima def. Chance Rencountre via Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Kassius Kayne def. Donald Hamilton via Submission (Strikes) 2:49 Rnd 1
- Kevin Gray def. Josh Smith via Unanimous Decision (29-28 29-28 29-28)
Join Us Next Week for More Lion Fight on AXS TV!
AXS TV, your home for MMA.
Follow AXS TV Fights on Facebook and Twitter.
Share with fellow fans at The Cage.
Find AXS TV on your TV.
Tags: fights, Highlights, Michael Schiavello, Mixed Martial Arts, MMA, Pat Miletich, Resurrection Fighting Alliance, RFA, sports