Results and Highlights From A Milestone Night From Legacy Fighting Championship | Legacy 50 Results and Highlights
Evangelista Santos Makes a Successful Comeback to MMA at Legacy 50
An event almost a decade in the making, went like many recent Legacy Fighting Championship events…
On a night that Legacy celebrated their 50th event, the finishes came fast and furious like they seem to do for the promotion. Legacy kicked off a new year of fights with five finishes in seven fights.
In the night’s main event Evangelista “Cyborg” Santos returned to the cage for the first time in almost 2 years against Legacy mainstay Artenas Young. Cyborg came with his usual aggressive strategy and cruised to a decision victory. Of the remaining 6 fights on the Legacy 50 card, 5 ended via finish. Ray Blodget broke the jaw of Jared Chaffee before his eventual submission victory, Justin Reiswerg wasted no time in submitting fellow Legacy-regular Jonathan Harris, Alex Black added another submission to his record, Roberto Sanchez came out on top in a battle of unbeatens, and heavyweight Jeremy Hardy kicked off the night with a TKO win over Dale Mitchell.
Here are the highlights:
- Evangelista Santos (19-16) def. Artenas Young (10-10) via Unanimous Decision (29-28 30-27 29-28)
- Ray Blodget (10-3) def. Jared Chaffee (5-2) via Submission (Guillotine Choke) 3:38 Rnd 1
- Justin Reiswerg def. Jonathan Harris via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) 1:43 Rnd 1
- Rey Trujillo def. Charles Cheeks III via Unanimous Decision
- Alex Black def. Michael Rodriguez via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) 1:57 Rnd 1
- Roberto Sanchez (4-0) def. David Acosta (2-1) via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) 4:25 Rnd 3
- Jeremy Hardy (3-1) def. Dale Mitchell (6-7) via TKO (Punches & Knees) 3:20 Round 1
Join Us for the First Muay Thai of 2016 with Lion Fight 27, Next Friday on AXS TV!
AXS TV, your home for MMA.
Follow AXS TV Fights on Facebook and Twitter.
Share with fellow fans at The Cage.
Find AXS TV on your TV.
Tags: AXS TV Fights, fights, Highlights, Legacy Fighting Championship, Mixed Martial Arts, MMA, Pat Miletich, Results, Ron Kruck, sports