The “Brilliant Double Act” of Olly Murs & Caroline Flack set to Host The X Factor UK Season 12
On top of new judges and a brand new format, Season 12 of The X Factor will pack double the hosting power
Simon Cowell has turned to the “brilliant double act” of season 6’s runner up & chart topping singer, Olly Murs, and Love Island host & Strictly Come Dancing champion, Caroline Flack, to present this year’s The X Factor UK. The pair first met while hosting The Xtra Factor in 2011 & 2012 and can’t wait to be back together in front of the camera. However, before we embark on the search to find the UK’s next singing sensation, learn a little more about the dynamic duo.
- He has a twin brother, who is just minutes younger
- In 2007, he was on Deal or No Deal and left with only £10
- In 2012 he became the only person to play the game twice. This time for a celebrity edition episode, where he won just 50p
- He worked for a call center while auditioning for The X Factor in 2009
- He shares a birthday with Facebook’s creator, Mark Zuckerberg
- His audition song was “Superstition” by Stevie Wonder, which earned him a “yes” from all 4 judges
- His celebrity crush is Cameron Diaz
- His first car was a Fiat Cinquecento
- He has some sweet soccer (or as they call it in the UK, football) skills
- Someday he would like to create and model his own underwear line
- She has a tattoo of her cat Waffle’s paw print behind her ear
- She got her TV break in 2002 on the comedy spoof Bo’ Selecta! as Michael Jackson’s girlfriend Bubbles
- She once worked in an abattoir, aka a slaughterhouse
- She’s an avid chess player
- She’s obsessed with the smell of clean laundry
- Like her co-host Olly, she has a twin
- She was the only contestant on Strictly Come Dancing to earn a perfect total of 120 points in the finals, obviously making her the winner for the season
- She found out she earned the gig on The Xtra Factor on the first day of filming
- The song that is guaranteed to get her on the dance floor is “Happy” by Pharrell
- She is a self-proclaimed tomboy and admitted that the sequins & glitter on her Strictly Come Dancing costumes scared her
Watch the brand new season of the #UKintheUSA exclusively on AXS TV starting Sunday, August 30th!
December 21, 2016
From duets with pop royalty, to a star studded contestant reunion, to the crowning of this year's winner, relive every moment of the finale with this week's recap with Ché Chesterman!
December 8, 2016
We're one step closer to crowning our X Factor champion, see who survived the semi-finals in this week's recap with Ché Chesterman.
November 29, 2016
See who made the final four and watch an exclusive chat with 5 After Midnight on this week's recap with Ché Chesterman!