He went from Hollywood’s biggest heartthrob to suffering a tragic overdose
River Phoenix was one of Hollywood’s golden boys. His first iconic role was in Stand By Me, and then he went on to working on other films and was even nominated for an Academy Award. After a tough day on set, he hit LA’s fashionable nightclub The Viper Room. He was looking forward to getting on stage and jamming with his friends. When the plan changed, a disappointed Phoenix ingested a lethal cocktail of drugs, staggers outside, and collapses on the sidewalk where paramedics are unable to revive him. What were the events that led up to his tragic overdose? We investigate on Final 24 on Wednesday, August 5th at 9/8c.